There a few things more enjoyable than a traditional Sunday roast with all the trimmings. We locally source the best local produce available (from the Matfen Estate wherever possible) and cook it to perfection.
Served from 12.00pm – 2.30pm every Sunday.
Three courses £24.95 per person
- Roasted plum tomato soup, garlic chips, basil oil.
- Home smoked duck breast, carrot and orange salad.
- Lemon scented smoked salmon terrine, fromage blanc, rye croustinis.
- Wild mushroom, leek and potato pave, truffle and Madeira jus.
- Traditional roast rib of Northumberland beef, Yorkshire pudding, roasting juices gravy.
- Crackly roast loin of Crane Row pork, sage, onion and sausage stuffing, Bramley apple compote.
- Pan roast breast of corn fed chicken, roasting juices gravy.
- Fillet of cod, spiced crushed potatoes, light curried mussel broth.
- Truffle risotto, rocket salad, parmesan shavings, cep powder.
Desserts and Coffee
- Warm dark chocolate tart, white chocolate ice cream, dark chocolate sauce.
- Apple and pear crumble, crème anglaise.
- Sticky toffee pudding, butterscotch sauce, vanilla ice cream.
- Regional cheese selection, chutney and biscuits.
- Tea/Coffee & Truffles
Menu may vary.
For more than a decade we have served homemade Afternoon Tea at Matfen Hall. Our Executive Pastry Chefs have remained faithful to the classic combination of finger sandwiches, homemade scones, and sweet pastries. Our ingredients are sourced locally, skilfully prepared and served fresh each day.
The centerpiece of afternoon tea is, of course, the drink itself. In keeping with our ethics of sourcing as many products locally, our loose leaf teas are provided by Newcastle based company Ringtons, who have been in the tea making business for over a century. Working hand in hand with our Executive Pastry Chef’s they have carefully selected teas that will complement your food perfectly.
Gluten free afternoon teas available, please advise our team when making your reservation.
If you would like to visit us for afternoon tea we
recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
Served from 12:00pm – 4.00pm Monday to Saturday, 3:00pm – 4.30pm Sunday.
- Classic Afternoon Tea: £18.50
- Children’s Afternoon Tea: £8.95
- Classic Afternoon Tea with a Chilled Glass of our house Champagne: £28.50
- Classic Afternoon Tea with a Chilled Glass of Prosecco: £25.95
- Cocktail Afternoon Tea (Classic Afternoon Tea with a tea pot of cocktail!) £23.95
- Gentleman’s Afternoon Tea: £19.50
- Cream Cheese and Cucumber
- Smoked Salmon
- Northumberland Ham and English Mustard
- Matfen Estate Egg, Cress and Mayonnaise.
Tea, Scones and Pastries
- Scones with Fruit Preserves and Clotted Cream
- Assortment of Afternoon Tea Pastries and Cakes
- Tea or Coffee